If you know that feeling of one minute you know someone then the next they are a complete stranger…then you’ll understand what I’m talking about. Although it still does sting, I’m happy we are not together. He’s a nice “friend” and he’s very smart.. he is attractive…in a way to some people but what I found attractive about him was our connection. Being in a relationship with him is another story versus being friends with him.
He and I had broken up a little over a year ago. Then last month we had gotten back together….for about 3 days, then split. We had been talking as “friends for a few days and he seemed cool and was flirting with me, through text of course. Then we met up and talked…even though it was not my goal, we got back together that day. Why? Well…he was telling me things I wanted to hear. He said he had learned and had grown a lot. He told me he understood what went wrong in our relationship before and honestly he was just telling me things I already knew. Actually everything he said he had learned, I already knew and realized within a week of us breaking up. But I missed him so I took him back and as soon as he left my sight I automatically said to myself,”This is a bad idea.”
When we got back into a relationship it was like…being back to where we started a year ago. He didn’t take the time to text or call me..say hello, good morning, I love you, how you doing…I couldn’t get anything out of him and when I told him..well tried to tell him how I felt he just called it off and said we were moving too fast.
I was angry but at the same time happy. Happy to know that I no longer have to be stressed in a relationship. Happy to know that it wasn’t a mistake that we aren’t together…we weren’t meant for each other and honestly, I never saw myself spending the rest of my life with him. I only saw myself loving him for the rest of my life and yes, I still do love him. But I still feel a lot of animosity about the way he treated me but that wound will heal its self.
Since I’m happy about us not being together I’m just going to say the things I learned or learned about while dating him since he is the only guy that I truly ever cared about:
- He introduced me to Youtube and how useful it is for answers.
- I learned to never tell your family something unflattering about your boyfriend or girlfriend because they wont forgive them as easily as you will.
- Love is not color.
- Never let the influence of someone else’s judgement cloud your judgement about your partner when you are the closest person to them.
- If you are not comfortable speaking in your relationship, then there should be no relationship. Communication is the key.
- Talk to your spouse and let them know you still love them and you care.
- If your heart tells you something then follow it so that you don’t regret your decision.
- When you’re truly ready to move on then you will move on.
- Never put something that can wait before something that is your priority and goal.
- Love is not forced, it comes to you. Never force yourself to like someone.
- Its okay to be vulnerable.
- Never date someone that makes you feel less of what you are.
- Insecurity and jealousy in a partner is a problem.
- Be yourself.
- Follow your instincts.
- Love yourself before you love someone else.
- Some things need to remain sacred between you and your partner.
- Never tell someone something that you don’t want your partner to hear.
- I do not desire a boyfriend..I want a husband, a life long compaion, not someone that holds that title of “boyfriend” that tends to come and go.
- If you are going to cook, clean, introduce and have sex with someone then you might as well be married.