I’ve searched many places to get advice and there are plenty of groups and websites dedicated to black women and helping with giving advice, tips, how to’s, etc..
Now I know of places like lets say for instance a page on fb named “Black Women with Real Hair“, that have plenty of people signed up for the page and who comment on it but they mostly post photos and off topic subjects Not much advice is given there. So I would NEVER recommend that place to anyone unless you are looking for some photos of natural/relaxed hair plus the page owner has a bad habit of “making fun” of people.
So the places I am going to provide you with are places I feel are PACKED with information and advice that I currently go to..
- Texture Me Natural :This is a FB (Facebook) page run by one person and she sales ALL natural scented products that you can buy (which I have bought myself and its THE BOMB DOT COM!!). The reason why this is at the top of my page is because you could just scroll down this groups pages and find out SOOOOO much information about being natural and techniques I mean this group’s information its self could run circles around EVERY place I’ve visited. Not only that but if you have a question and you submit it, the owner will re-post it and have other people answer your question. Their suggestions are usually always on point and the page owner has some beautiful hair, to die for healthy hair. Love this page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texture-Me-Natural/194003070625953)
- Naptural85: This is a Youtube Guru. The reason why I recommend her is because her videos date from when she had short hair until now. She gives great advice not only that but her videos are clean and simple. Very easy to understand and she has a nice energy.
- Natural-Hair-Care-Info(FB page)/Natural Hair Care (Website): This is a fb page that I absolutely love. It includes a few family members (brother and sisters). The main page owner is one of the older sisters. She has a little sister with very long hair that she regularly posts (I believe her name is Bunny) and a little brother that she posts time to time. She also posts photos of herself but she looks so much like her little sister I thought for the longest they were the same people lol. I love the styles that they shows and how lovely and long Bunny’s hair is, very inspirational. Not only that but if you go to their website it is packed with useful tips. I learned how to properly wash my hair from their website. (https://www.facebook.com/Natural.Hair.Care.Info?fref=ts)
- MyNaturalSistas: This is another YouTube Guru channel but the difference is it is ran by 3 different women, I think they are all sisters or related. But this channel is great because you get advice from 3 different women and techniques. My favorite person on this channel to watch is India. She goes into depth about her weight loss journey and she has the longest hair out of the 3 of them.
- Kink Curly Coily Me!: This is a FB page owned by the owner of kinkycurlycoilyme.com, she’s been featured in magazines, hosts natural hair events, goes to events, has a youtube channel, etc. The ONLY reason why I recommend this page is because she usually links everything she does to this page. So if she uploads a new video on Youtube she lets you know on this page. She also updates you on her newest products, her hair photos and what she is eating. I like her attitude too, most page owners get mad if people disagree but she is completely fine with it. She also reposts some of the questions submitted but not all of them. (https://www.facebook.com/KinkyCurlyCoilyMe?fref=ts)
- BlackHairMedia: If you have read some of my previous post then you may know that I have mentioned blackhairmedia a few times, so why is it number 6? Well the reason why is because this place is not only about natural hair, it has different subjects too most women come their for weave or full lace information which the women up there…sometimes they respond sometimes they dont, a lot of them are reluctant to even help. BUT if you want to know about natural hair then you would have to go to the “Natural Hair” part of the forum. Once you do go to the natural hair side of the forum you will notice that the posts with the most information are older posts and sometimes you have read 10 different posts just to find what you are looking for. I must admit I don’t really visit this site THAT MUCH but I did find out about giving my hair a protein treatment just by using peanut butter from this forum and they have great recipes so..my props to the recipe side is always on point. (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com)
So off the top of my head these are the main websites that I would recommend. Hope these links help anyone in need. If I think of anymore websites then I will post them.