I’ve searched many places to get advice and there are plenty of groups and websites dedicated to black women and helping with giving advice, tips, how to’s, etc..
Now I know of places like lets say for instance a page on fb named “Black Women with Real Hair“, that have plenty of people signed up for the page and who comment on it but they mostly post photos and off topic subjects Not much advice is given there. So I would NEVER recommend that place to anyone unless you are looking for some photos of natural/relaxed hair plus the page owner has a bad habit of “making fun” of people.
So the places I am going to provide you with are places I feel are PACKED with information and advice that I currently go to..
- Texture Me Natural :This is a FB (Facebook) page run by one person and she sales ALL natural scented products that you can buy (which I have bought myself and its THE BOMB DOT COM!!). The reason why this is at the top of my page is because you could just scroll down this groups pages and find out SOOOOO much information about being natural and techniques I mean this group’s information its self could run circles around EVERY place I’ve visited. Not only that but if you have a question and you submit it, the owner will re-post it and have other people answer your question. Their suggestions are usually always on point and the page owner has some beautiful hair, to die for healthy hair. Love this page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texture-Me-Natural/194003070625953)
- Naptural85: This is a Youtube Guru. The reason why I recommend her is because her videos date from when she had short hair until now. She gives great advice not only that but her videos are clean and simple. Very easy to understand and she has a nice energy.
- Natural-Hair-Care-Info(FB page)/Natural Hair Care (Website): This is a fb page that I absolutely love. It includes a few family members (brother and sisters). The main page owner is one of the older sisters. She has a little sister with very long hair that she regularly posts (I believe her name is Bunny) and a little brother that she posts time to time. She also posts photos of herself but she looks so much like her little sister I thought for the longest they were the same people lol. I love the styles that they shows and how lovely and long Bunny’s hair is, very inspirational. Not only that but if you go to their website it is packed with useful tips. I learned how to properly wash my hair from their website. (https://www.facebook.com/Natural.Hair.Care.Info?fref=ts)
- MyNaturalSistas: This is another YouTube Guru channel but the difference is it is ran by 3 different women, I think they are all sisters or related. But this channel is great because you get advice from 3 different women and techniques. My favorite person on this channel to watch is India. She goes into depth about her weight loss journey and she has the longest hair out of the 3 of them.
- Kink Curly Coily Me!: This is a FB page owned by the owner of kinkycurlycoilyme.com, she’s been featured in magazines, hosts natural hair events, goes to events, has a youtube channel, etc. The ONLY reason why I recommend this page is because she usually links everything she does to this page. So if she uploads a new video on Youtube she lets you know on this page. She also updates you on her newest products, her hair photos and what she is eating. I like her attitude too, most page owners get mad if people disagree but she is completely fine with it. She also reposts some of the questions submitted but not all of them. (https://www.facebook.com/KinkyCurlyCoilyMe?fref=ts)
- BlackHairMedia: If you have read some of my previous post then you may know that I have mentioned blackhairmedia a few times, so why is it number 6? Well the reason why is because this place is not only about natural hair, it has different subjects too most women come their for weave or full lace information which the women up there…sometimes they respond sometimes they dont, a lot of them are reluctant to even help. BUT if you want to know about natural hair then you would have to go to the “Natural Hair” part of the forum. Once you do go to the natural hair side of the forum you will notice that the posts with the most information are older posts and sometimes you have read 10 different posts just to find what you are looking for. I must admit I don’t really visit this site THAT MUCH but I did find out about giving my hair a protein treatment just by using peanut butter from this forum and they have great recipes so..my props to the recipe side is always on point. (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com)
So off the top of my head these are the main websites that I would recommend. Hope these links help anyone in need. If I think of anymore websites then I will post them.
I was watching some music videos the other day and fr some reason I have been drawn to continuously listening to Jlo’s music. Idk why but I just love her energy and a lot of things she is going through she puts in her music which is a lot of love mixed with loneliness (ME) but anyways…I was watching her videos and realized Jlo has GOT A BOBY and I’m not talking about her infamous booty. I’m talking about all around, sweetie works for her body. So now she is my inspiration to work out. I will be listening to her music whenever I workout.
This is something I feel very passionate about and sensitive toward because I am trying…I’m having a VERY hard time eating healthy. It’s bad enough I find it hard to avoid those, oh so good junk foods. The other day I attempted, I started out good making myself some eggs with a baked potatoes but then I didn’t know what else to cook because my plan was to eat tuna sandwiches with cheese but I forgot the cheese (I bought them today :D)! SO I began snacking! Then on top of that the people in my household make it even harder for me to eat healthy. I went out and spent $40 on some food that I planned to prep and cook. I bought some salmon, tomatoes, herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme), carrots, potatoes, almond milk (which im scared to drink lol), chicken breast, cheese, etc. I bought all of these things because I planned on cooking myself something healthy while learning more techniques and ways to cook. So anyway my sister who likes to throw away everything she didn’t by, goes through the fridge and decides, “Oh I didn’t buy these herbs and they look old, so let me throw them away!” Then my mom goes in the freezer and says,”Oh! Salmon! Let me waste my time and FRY all of them and leave only 2 left because everyone likes fry food! That’s what they were obviously purchased for!” Then my sister goes in the freezer again,”Oh! Salmon! I didn’t buy them nor do I contribute anything to the household especially money and I don’t give a flying fuck! Let me take the last 2 salmons and cook them because I’m on a imaginary diet that I keep ruining every 30 minutes junk food…yay me!”
That’s what keeps happening to me every week lol….
As for my workouts..I feel very confident in them. I do cardio only. I never liked weights or the idea of them plus I do not wish to spend money on them. I know for sure with working out…it’s just like my hair journey, you have to find what works best for you. Not everything people usually do will work for you. My daily workout will revolve around Leslie Sansone Dvds…I downloaded them for free and I bought one just for the abs belt lol. With Leslie Sansone, I lost weight doing her dvd’s last year, her workouts that I use consist of walking at home…I forgot the positive results I got from her other than losing weight. One negative was that my butt began to look flat. So after every workout I did of Leslie Sansone, I did squats and leg sit ups…i saw some results but I realized that I am not strong in squats. I would do only 20 day/night squats a day and one week i over did the squats and i couldn’t walk straight for 2 weeks nor could I work out. So from then on I limited my squats to 5 – 10 a in the morning and 5 -10 at night because…I’m scared that will happen again.
My workout now:
-20 to 40 Wall push ups (I’ve never been good at actual push ups but after doing these for a while..I will.)
-40 to 60 Standing Trunk Twist (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haWuH3LRFI4)
– 5 to 10 Squats
-15 Leg touches or sit ups
-Rotated workouts with Leslie Sansone throughout the week: 15minute workout (TODAY) = 1 mile walk, 30 minute work out = 2 mile walk, 45 minute workout = 3 mile walk….the 3 mile walk is NO joke! If you are not prepared or fit prior to it, you will feel some soreness after words.
If anyone wants to join in on the leslie sansone videos I will be uploading the ones I use on dailymotion so join and subscribe! I will be uploading other videos too from youtube..I’ll credit them but I just would like to have some good easy workouts just in case anyone else wants to join me 😀
You probably will see A LOT of photos of T, on my blog mainly because she is a huge inspiration to me. Love her body, she is natural, love her energy and mentality..she’s a very nice lady..she has like the total package of COOL to me. What I find inspirational about her body is her abs! I want that waist line lol and I want the little biceps…so that will be my focus..to workout my mid section.
For certain purposes I will not be using her name written or tagged, I will just feature her name in the photo if people want to find her because I don’t want traffic to come from a…sexual audience..besides hair and the ups and downs of it. She has a lot of photos considered “ADULT” but I know they are ART type photos not porn…so I will try to crop them to the best of my ability or blur them out.