So the other day I whipped up a tasty recipe. Usually I try to find some recipes online and cook them but lately I have just been makingthings from scratch recipes seeing if they taste good. Now this simple dish came up with came together perfectly and the most work I had to do was standing in the kitchen and cutting things up. I like to keep everything nice and simple while yet delicious and lately I have been trying to eat healthy…so far Im doing great :D.
– Jasmine Rice (Organic)
-1/2 Red bell pepper chopped (Not the hot kind)
-1/2 Green bell pepper chopped (Not the hot kind)
-1 Whole Onion chopped
-1 slab of pork chop chopped up
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 1 Whole Mango
– A hand full of Organic Baby Spinach
– A pinch of Salt (optional)
- Chop the onion, red & green bell pepper and the pork chop. Season with salt & pepper. I only used a pinch of salt, (Im not a salt fan) and sprinkle a little pepper.
- Next heat up your skillet on medium. Pour as much olive oil as you think you may need. Wait until the oil is hot then pour all of your ingredients into the skillet. After about 5 minutes or so stir the ingredients the put the cover over the food. (This was you make sure the pork chop is completely cooked and the vegetables don’t burn.)
- Occasionally stir the food. After about 15 or 10 minutes it should all be ready.
- While you’re waiting for the food to finish lets put on the rice. If you don’t know how to cook rice, don’t worry I’ll teach you :). (I don’t have a rice cooker..well I do but I don’t use it.)
- Pour as much rice as you want but not a lot to the point where its too much or reaches the pots rim. If you want a lot then pour it to the middle of the pot. Then pour some cold water with the rice. At this time it doesn’t matter how much water you are pouring because the rice needs to be cleaned. Stir the rice up with your hand or a spoon then pour out as much water as you can without the rice falling out. Repeat this until the water is clear or you feel sure it is clean enough. Then pour enough water to where it is about a inch over the rice. Heat the stove on high and put the rice on. MAKE SURE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE RICE. When the rice water comes to a boil turn the heat down to its lowest and put the cover over the rice. In about 10 or 15 minutes the rice should be done.
- If the food still isn’t ready then clean all those dirty dishes you made while you’re waiting. Wash your hands, get your plating ready and check the food.
- If the food still isn’t ready then get out your mango. Make sure to rinse it off. Then begin to peel or cut your mango up. (I cut mine). Put as much mango as you want on your plate.
- Afterward grab a handful of baby spinach, make sure that you rinse it off. Put on the plate.
- After the food is done put as much rise as you want on your plate. Then add the pepper, onion and pork chop mix at the top and wah la! You have a simple meal for lunch breakfast or dinner…or all day! Theres about 4 or 5 servings worth for this dish.
Make sure to join me in earning money online. Get a check every month!